Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What's your Blood Type

Today I will be talking about blood types and what affect they could have to your body and the difference between each type. There are 4 types of blood each with positive and negative being present (+) or absent (-) this is called the Rh factor which is the 3rd of the antigens that show your blood type. Blood type comes from your parents like eye color it's inherited and it comes from both parent's blood type. You can donate blood to someone and become a blood donor but blood can be given to only certain blood types.

Interactive Blood Type Donors

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

The types of blood can be very rare and very common O+ being more common and can be as rare as AB - Blood can also depend on race or ethnic group.


Donateing blood can same lives and can make an empact on people close to them. The procedure is very simple they will ask if you are eligible to do blood work (18+). When you are having your blood taken just bring a music player with you listen to calming music or maybe talk to the person who is doing the procedure you can also have moral support from a friend. If you have a fear of needles the sure to tell them they will take note.

Sited Source:

 "Getting Over Your Fear of Needles." American Red Cross. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2014.

Americanredcross.org


1 comment:

  1. I know my blood type is an O but I'm not sure if it's negative or positive. My blood type lets me donate to everyone but I can only receive blood from my own blood type.

    ReplyDelete